Friday, March 20, 2009

Shopping Guide in Taiwan

Other than food, the next good thing about Taiwan must be the shopping. I love to shop and I know this is quite unusual for a guy. But it feels good when you wear something nice. I believe it is the same for most people. Anyway, cut the story short, I am going to introduce you to a few places in Taiwan where you can shop for cheap and nice things.

Hotspot #1 – Shilin Night Market

Shilin Night Market Em and I simply love this place. We went there 4 times to shop for both our friends and ourselves. The streets are easy to navigate and most importantly, the clothes sold there are trendy, fashionable and affordable. Em went to this shop called “Diva” and bought some very nice dresses. As for me, I bought quite a number of T-shirts, vest and a leather jacket. Hehe =). In our opinion, this is the place not to be missed!!

Hotspot #2 – Ximending

Ximending This place is like the Far East Plaza of Singapore. We saw many Taiwanese youths there. Shops there are modern. However, things here are not cheap. Em and I enjoyed walking through the streets but it can get quite confused and you might just lose your way. So do bring a map along.

Hotspot #3 – Wu Fen Pu

WuFenPuThis is where the wholesale retail is. You will see the clothes all put in big clear plastic bags. A lot of female clothes so it will be quite a disappointment for guys. The entire area is like a maze and the roads are narrow thus Em and I did not really enjoy shopping here. Moreover, we realised that some of the things sold here are more expensive than Shilin Night Market despite being exactly the same. 

To sum it up, we enjoyed shopping at Shilin market the most. However, this is quite subjective as I have heard of people preferring Wu Fen Pu or Ximending. In any case, the most important is finding something that really suits you :)