Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Challenging Yr Ahead

Last week I received news that I have not graduated from my degree programme as I did not complete one compulsory module. This is despite me completing all the required credits for graduation.

It is going to be a long story if I were to blog about it. But anyway, I appealed to the school but the decision stays so that means I am back to school again for 1 more semester.

It was a major setback for me. And to be frank, it took me a while to get over it. Gradually, I decided that there is no point being angry and disappointed. I just have to be positive and move on.

So this year looks to be more challenging, with me quitting my job to enrol for 4 and half months of bible school. At the same time, I will be self-studying for my CFA exam in June and finishing up my last semester in UniSIM. Also, I have to quickly source for tuition assignments to finance my SOT and daily expenses.

SOT

My boss questioned me whether this is the right time to quit my job and enrol in SOT as the economy is doing so badly. The market is so uncertain that she warned me that I might not even be able to find a job after I graduate in August.

However, going to bible school has always been on my mind. This year I am even more determined in my heart. It is about getting myself trained and equipped not just as a christian but also as a marketplace personnel in future.

It is a gigantic step of faith for me but I believe that God will provide and show Himself to be true in the next 6 months.

I love to visualize and if you were to ask me what I will see in 6 months time. I can tell you these are the things…

1. Graduation from SOT

2. Graduation from UniSIM

3. Pass my CFA level 1

4. New job with 30% increment from my current salary when I gradute from SOT in August.

Pls pray and dream together with me!

1 comment:

I am, I will M.A.D. said...

Hi Joseph, I can understand how you felt about your degree program. My sister, also took her advanced dip with a private institution and to her horror, realized that she did not study the correct subjects to gain entry to the degree program she wanted. She has to study 1 more module and she has studied 3 modules "unnecessarily". We prayed, and God opened door and now she's in Australia completing her degree program. This is really God's grace and He always provide us with the best. So don't be upset nor despair! Turn your pain into a gain... I believe God is going to show you His miracles and yes, with your coming bible school, this year is going to be the BEST year yet for your life!